December 18, 2014

Christmas Traditions: Crafty Gifts


One of my favorite parts of Christmas has always been the beautiful gifts that my family have made for me over the years. My aunts, sisters, mom and Grandmother are all so incredibly artistic and would often send paintings and homemade ornaments for the holidays as part of my gifts when I was a child.

This is a tradition that I am attempting to keep up with my two (soon to be three!) nieces. This year my sister is decorating both a nursery for her new baby and redecorating her two older girls' room. I thought maybe i'd paint them a little something to go with their new decor. They are currently awaiting frames but I'm so excited to give the pictures to them and carry on our family traditions!

The first two below are for the older girls' room. I would make one for the bun in the oven but Lauren hasn't settled on a name for her quite yet! 



This last picture is of a little bit of a surprise for my sister. When she was a child her favorite stuffed animal was named Baby Bunny. So I chose to paint a mommy rabbit with her three baby bunnies representing Lauren and her girls. 


No comments:

Post a Comment